Hirotec Reduces Network Costs by 50% During IP Surveillance Upgrade
Automotive Manufacturer Deploys New IP Surveillance System Using NVT Phybridge PoE Switches
- Hirotec, a global leader in automotive manufacturing, wanted to upgrade its surveillance capabilities at one of its busiest plants in México.
- However, network readiness requirements threatened the digital transformation project with high costs and business disruption.
- The reseller partner, Grupo SITE, recommended NVT Phybridge Power over Ethernet technology, which helped Hirotec cut costs by 50%.
Hirotec, a well-known name in the automotive industry, provides the world’s leading automotive manufacturers with automotive closures, exhaust systems, and other manufacturing equipment. The organization wanted to replace its outdated analog surveillance system at its busiest manufacturing plant in México to improve monitoring with high-quality images.
Hirotec wanted IP cameras throughout the entire facility, with several locations well beyond the 330ft (100m) reach capability of standard switches. Concerned with the project’s potential complexity and business disruption, Hirotec needed an innovative solution to achieve its digital transformation objectives within its established budget and timelines.
Having used NVT Phybridge networking solutions in the past, Grupo SITE recommended the FLEX Power over Ethernet switch. The NVT Phybridge FLEX long-reach PoE switch delivers Ethernet and PoE++ over any new or existing multi-pair UTP infrastructure with up to 2,000ft (610m) reach, six times farther than standard switches.
The reseller performed a thorough demonstration at the customer’s site. In just a few simple setup steps, the NVT Phybridge FLEX PoE switch delivered reliable power and data to IP cameras 2,000ft away, creating a secure and robust PoE backbone for the new IP surveillance system. Hirotec was impressed with the results and decided to move forward with the digital transformation project.
Grupo SITE used NVT Phybridge long-reach PoE switches to enable IP cameras throughout the entire Hirotec manufacturing facility, without the cost of additional server closets or repeaters. Grupo SITE was able to accelerate the digital transformation project for the customer while significantly reducing business disruption and network downtime during deployment. “I thought that data and PoE over 90 meters would not be possible,” said Carlos Flores, IT Manager at Hirotec. “NVT Phybridge made it all possible! We now have a modern video surveillance system centralized in the MDF, which did not require an IDF in production!”
NVT Phybridge long-reach PoE switches helped the customer accelerate its digital transformation while reducing total infrastructure costs by an estimated 50%. The customer was extremely satisfied with the ease of ongoing management, compatibility with the existing network equipment, and performance of the FLEX switches. Hirotec now enjoys the benefits of IP surveillance, including improved monitoring and image quality.
Grupo SITE used NVT Phybridge FLEX switches to achieve incredible results for the customer.
- Reduced deployment time by one-third.
- Eliminated business disruption by deploying on evenings and weekends.
- Reduced infrastructure costs by 50% by eliminating the need for additional server closets and repeaters.
- Gained the benefits of IP surveillance, including the real-time monitoring and recording of high-resolution video.
If you have an upcoming IP/IoT modernization project, we would love to help! Click below to book a one-on-one meeting with one of our Digital Transformation Consultants.