Product Support Specialist (Spanish Speaking)
Title: Product Support Specialist, Spanish Speaking
Department: Technical Support
Location: Oakville, ON Canada
Salary: $45,000 to $60,000 Annually
Benefits Offered: Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Product Support Manager
Location: Onsite OR Remote
The Product Support Specialist is responsible for providing network troubleshooting support as well as network equipment testing using POE test equipment and network analysis test equipment. The individual must assess and diagnose the users/customer’s needs, provide advice on the appropriate course of action, troubleshoot circumstances through to the satisfactory resolution of the problem, provide guidance to other members of the support team on troubleshooting, manage pre-sales engagement with customers proof of concept deployments, provide pre-sales support to the sales team, create and continually improve support and pre-sales resources, and process management. Working hours are 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM EST.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responds to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone or electronically.
- Identifies and resolves technical hardware and software issues.
- Supports Sales teams with technical sales delivery requirements by:
- Managing technical relationship with customers
- Providing technical introduction and overviews of NVT Phybridge products
- Providing updates to the team based on current status
- Providing customers with technical drawings & details as required
- Determines solutions using available information resources.
- Create proactive knowledge resources based on responsive support issues and resolutions.
- Including network design considerations
- Manufacturer end points that need special attention
- Use case examples
- Advises user/customer on appropriate course of action.
- Follows standard help desk procedures.
- Ensure team is following all help desk procedure.
- Document, review, and improve existing or new procedures and workflows
- Logs all help desk interactions.
- Completes activity reports.
- Remains knowledgeable of current system information, changes and updates.
- Performs various technical tasks for office and remote users.
- Train end users on company products and technology
- Present technical solutions to integrators and end users for educative purposes
- Prepare training materials for customers and internal use
- Conduct hardware and software tests for repairs, proof of concept units and new software releases.
- Participate in ongoing personal training and attainment of technical certifications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Degree/diploma/certification in Computer Science or Information Technology from a post-secondary institution specializing in networking, computer support or software support.
- OR CCNA, Network+ or equivalent that is current.
- Proven proficiency in customer service practices.
- Previous experience providing help desk support and familiarity with standard troubleshooting procedures.
- Excellent communications skills (listening, verbal and written). Additional languages an asset.
- Strong customer service orientation and desire to provide quality service.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, able to think outside the box to quickly adapt to ongoing circumstances in order to resolve technical problems.
- Proficient time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and friendly demeanor.
- Work well in stressful situation under tight deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Strong team player with desire for continued learning.
To apply for this position, click “Apply Now” and email us your resume. Please include the position’s title in the subject line.