Project Procurement Coordinator
Title: Project & Procurement Coordinator
Location: Oakville, ON Canada
Salary: $50,000 to $60,000 Annually
Benefits Offered: Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Director of Product Management
Location: Onsite OR Remote
The role supports the Project Manager through the effective use of project management software and the maintenance and coordination of key product documents throughout the product commercialization process. The role also supports the Senior Procurement Coordinator in many of the sourcing and purchasing activities in both the development and production phases of a product. Organization, attention to detail and excellent communication skills are vital attributes for success in the role.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project documentation and management software as directed including but not limited to;
- Project Scope template,
- Project update communications
- Input task updates on behalf of team members or external resources to ensure accuracy of project management software,
- Attend project meetings and responsible for recording relevant updates in on-line tools and/or stand-alone documents during the meeting, or as follow-up
- Support Project Manager in sessions with Engineering, Technical Support and Marketing with development of project documentation; such as Business Case, Project Scope and Objectives, etc.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure alignment on status of all projects and assist by identifying risks and opportunities of each project, including proposing options to mitigate risks;
- Analyze project performance vs plan and propose modifications applicable templates, timeline assumptions, etc.;
- Assist Project Manager in coaching and directing the company in the discipline of project management, including;
- adherence to stage gates, project scope and objectives, risk-based decision-making,
- use of Wrike dashboards, timeline views, etc.;
- Research, self-teach, and, or, obtain instruction on project management tools, specifically Wrike, including integration cost/benefit with other company tools (e.g. MS Outlook, SFDC, Arena, etc.);
- Coordinate external testing plans, as directed by PM
- Support Project Manager in compilation of SRED related materials throughout the year and particularly after year-end in preparation for annual submission
- Support the Product Support Manager with task coordination for team using Wrike as a tool
- Owning the Internal Change Management process including ICN template
- Able to lead other organizational projects such as ERP system upgrade etc.
- Inputting parts and relevant data into Product Life Cycle Management software (Arena), and assisting senior staff with updating of Bill of Materials.
- Communicating with vendors; on availability, active orders, shipment booking and tracking
- Updating and creating parts in Arena as required.
- Assist Senior Procurement Coordinator with researching, and procuring, part alternatives both proactively and reactively as required
- Assist Senior Procurement Coordinator with assembling costing estimates and compiling BOMs on new and existing products
- Issuing purchase orders as directed by Senior Procurement and Production Coordinator
- Assisting in the buying process as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Office with occasional off-site visits to vendors and contract manufacturer’s
- Hybrid office environment: HQ located in Oakville, ON.
- Extended hours may be required during product launches or other critical project phases.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education with project management content and, or, program in engineering or sciences
- At least 3-5 years of previous experience in project and procurement coordination is required
- PMP certification is considered an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as solid organisational skills with attention to detail;
- A self-starter and motivated individual
- Ability to work well with diverse teams and team members in remote locations;
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision for day-to-day tasks;
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experienced user of MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), with moderate excel skills being most relevant;
- Knowledge of product design, development, prototype and production process for technology or like products an asset
To apply for this position, click “Apply Now” and email us your resume. Please include the position’s title in the subject line.