Systems Testing Technician – IT
Title: Systems Testing Technician – IT
Location: Oakville, ON Canada
Salary: $40,000 to $55,000 Annually
Benefits Offered: Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Product Support Manager
Location: Onsite OR Remote
The System Testing Technician position reports to the Product Support Manager, working out of our HQ Lab. This role is responsible for supporting our Hardware & Support Technician and Product Support Team. As a Systems Testing Technician with NVT Phybridge you will be involved with the testing of products produced by our engineering team; including documentation and hands on work with the NVT Phybridge suite of products.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process RMA’s by entering into tracking system, conduct preliminary assessment and determine merit and potential for repair or refurbishment, Complete approved activity and update tracking system and advise accounting of unit disposition;
- Develop and implement test plans, as per scope and requirements of Engineering or Product Support, in an accurate manner and deliver clear and succinct test reports;
- Create test-fixtures and/or apparatus for standard performance testing of NVT Phybridge products and competitive devices;
- Work directly with the Engineering team on tasks or special projects such as: equipment setup, preparing materials and product, and other tasks as specified
- Contribute technical testing or research information in a coherent manner to product guides, instructional sheets/videos, and support documentation based on company templates;
- Establish and maintain order of the RMA area, Engineering offices, and Lab. This includes conducting routine tidy up of both areas and materials replenishment;
- Travelling to contract manufacturers or third-party distributors for testing, material counts or other as required activities;
- Assist the product support team with customer support inquiries as required.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced soldering skills and experience
- Ability to read engineering schematics for trouble shooting and repairing of products
- Degree/diploma/certification in Computer Science or Information Technology from a post-secondary institution specializing in networking, Electronics, Engineering, computer support or software support.
- Networking certificates such as CCNA, CCNP, Network+ preferred.
- Excellent communications skills (listening, verbal and written). Additional languages an asset.
- Strong customer service orientation and desire to provide quality service.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, able to think outside the box to quickly adapt to ongoing circumstances in order to resolve technical problems.
- Proficient time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and friendly demeanor.
- Work well in stressful situation under tight deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Strong team player with desire for continued learning.
To apply for this position, click “Apply Now” and email us your resume. Please include the position’s title in the subject line.