Disposable Product Manufacturer Deploys IP Camera System Using NVT Phybridge PoE Switches
NVT Phybridge Case Study – Disposable Product Manufacturer
3 minute read time.
- A single-use disposable product manufacturer wanted to upgrade its outdated analog CCTV security system with a new Axis IP surveillance solution.
- The manufacturer wanted IP cameras inside and outside the facility while avoiding the cost and complexity of laying new cables and installing new networking closets.
- The NVT Phybridge FLEX PoE switch simplified the project with its cable-type flexibility and long reach capabilities.
A single-use disposable product manufacturer with seven manufacturing locations across Mexico wanted to update its existing analog CCTV security system that was outdated and unreliable. The organization wanted to upgrade its manufacturing locations with an Axis IP camera system that would provide surveillance coverage inside and outside the facilities.
The company wanted surveillance coverage inside and outside the facility, especially in the vast parking areas that store the fleet of over 450 tractor-trailers. However, the project was threatened by high costs, complexity, and permit requirements to lay new cables to support cameras in all areas. The organization needed an innovative networking strategy to support the new Axis IP camera system inside and outside the facility.
Grupo SITE, a key partner in the region, suggested an NVT Phybridge FLEX PoE solution to overcome the customer’s digital transformation barriers. The FLEX PoE switch delivers Ethernet and PoE++ over any new or existing multi-pair UTP (CAT5/6) cabling with up to 2,000ft (610m) reach. The customer agreed to test the technology on-site with no cost and no obligation through the NVT Phybridge proof-of-concept program.
After a few simple setup steps, the NVT Phybridge FLEX long reach PoE solution transformed the existing wiring infrastructure into a robust, secure IP backbone to support the Axis IP camera system. The FLEX switch delivered reliable power and data to Axis IP cameras in the parking lot to provide complete surveillance coverage.
Grupo SITE used the NVT Phybridge FLEX PoE switch to enable Axis IP cameras exactly where the customer needed, as its long reach capabilities eliminated the need for closets or repeaters along the way. “The NVT Phybridge FLEX switch is extremely robust and reliable, delivering Ethernet and PoE ++ up to 610 meters,” said Juan de Dios Contreras, Infrastructure Product Manager, GrupoSITE. “The FLEX switch allowed us to remove infrastructure barriers, accelerate implementation time, and reduce project costs for the customer.”
Grupo SITE took a proactive approach to find a better way to achieve the customer’s digital transformation objectives in a financially and socially responsible manner. The customer was extremely satisfied with the NVT Phybridge FLEX switch solution and the outstanding digital transformation outcomes it enabled.
- Grupo SITE used the FLEX switch to modernize the customer’s entire location in just four weeks, a 75%-time reduction compared to their initial forecasts.
- Project partners reduced the customer’s infrastructure costs by 50%, allocating more budget towards ROI-driving devices and applications.
- The FLEX PoE solution was simple for the installation team to learn and implement in the customer’s environment.
- Grupo SITE and the FLEX switch leveraged the customer’s existing cabling infrastructure to avoid the traditional rip-and-replace methodology, preventing over 100 pounds of cabling e-waste.
- The customer plans to use FLEX PoE switches to upgrade its other locations over the coming months.
If you have an upcoming IP/IoT modernization project, we would love to help! Click below to book a one-on-one meeting with one of our Digital Transformation Consultants.