NVT Phybridge Case Study – Prison Surveillance
3-minute read time.
- North American correctional facility wanted to upgrade its outdated analog camera system to a Bosch IP camera solution with as little disruption as possible.
- The reseller, Stanley Convergent Security Solutions, used the NVT Phybridge CLEER24 Ethernet over Coax switch to deploy Bosch IP cameras over the existing coax infrastructure.
- Over 50 new Bosch IP cameras deployed to enable movement management applications without disruption or high costs.
A North American correctional facility wanted to upgrade its outdated analog surveillance system with a Bosch IP solution to enable the ExacqVision movement management system. The upgrade was critically important to enhance video quality and movement management capabilities to ensure the safety and security of staff and inmates.
The prison was eager to make the move to Bosch IP and the ExacqVision solution. However, as an operating correctional facility, the customer was extremely concerned with the cost, disruption, and time required to remove and replace the existing Coax-based network infrastructure. The customer needed an innovative solution to efficiently complete its digital transformation and modernize surveillance without high costs or disruption.
After considering the customer’s objectives and challenges, reseller partner Stanley Convergent Security Solutions recommended the NVT Phybridge CLEER24 Ethernet over Coax switch. Stanley Convergent Security Solutions had used NVT Phybridge technology many times and was confident this was the best solution for the customer.
The CLEER24 managed EoC switch delivers fast Ethernet and PoE+ over coax cable with up to 6,000ft (1,830m) reach, which is 18 times the reach of standard Ethernet switches. NVT Phybridge helped the customer organize a free, no-obligation proof of concept to test the solution on-site. The correctional facility was highly impressed with the technology and decided to move forward with the project.
Using the NVT Phybridge CLEER24 managed switch, the customer was able to deploy 56 Bosch FLEXIDOME IP 4000i cameras throughout the prison facility. The Bosch IP cameras provided the customer with drastically improved image quality, exposure, and data security.
The Bosch FLEXIDOME 4000i indoor IP camera has a 30m (98ft) viewing distance and comes with autofocus, H.265 multi-streaming, and built-in video analytics. The FLEXIDOME 4000i captures at 1080p at 30 fps for highly detailed videos and images. Pair Bosch cameras with ExacqVision software for customized video walls, interactive and multi-level mapping, notification overlays, and more!
“The NVT Phybridge EC-Link Adapters and CLEER24 switches were a game-changer that allowed us to save time and money while upgrading the obsolete analog video systems to a new IP solution,” said Matt Hildebrand, Sales Engineer, Stanley Convergent Security Solutions. “The CLEER24 switch was easy to configure and use out in the field. We were able to use it for all coax cable runs, even if they were over 300 feet long. NVT Phybridge eliminated any need to install fiber optic cabling or use fiber modules.”
The customer was delighted with the results of the digital transformation project, having used the NVT Phybridge CLEER24 switch to:
- Avoid the need to remove and replace the existing cabling, limiting disruption to the facility.
- Reduce infrastructure costs by more than 50%, allowing more budget to be allocated to Bosch cameras and applications.
- Drastically reduce the deployment time.
- Allow seamless integration with the existing security network.
- Avoid over 800 pounds of cabling e-waste.
If you have an upcoming IP/IoT modernization project, we would love to help! Click below to book a one-on-one meeting with one of our Digital Transformation Consultants.