Organizations are modernizing to IP communication, surveillance and other IoT (Internet of Things) devices to increase efficiency, improve security and create a better customer experience. Business Insider predicts that by 2025 there will be more than 55 billion connected IoT devices, up from 9 billion in 2017. To support these 55 billion IoT devices, organizations must first establish a secure and reliable local area network.
For over 25 years, NVT Phybridge has been committed to helping organizations maximize the return on investment of their digital transformations. Our CHARIoT series of enterprise-grade managed, unmanaged and single port extender solutions were designed specifically to simplify Modern LAN requirements. Enabled with SmartPathPoE technology, our solutions significantly reduce the cost to establish a secure and reliable Power over Ethernet (PoE) backbone.
How exactly? By transforming an organization’s existing infrastructure into a power-packed IP platform, with reach capabilities up to 6,000ft (1,830m) – 12 times farther than standard PoE switches. No more “rip-and-replace” and no more reach limitations. The cost savings are substantial considering the immense cost to install new infrastructure:
- Thousands of feet of wiring to connect all devices on the local area network
- Equipment to support new server closets or upgrade existing closets; including servers, racks, cooling systems, backup power systems, fire prevention, and redundancy equipment
- Labour costs to rip-and-replace the existing infrastructure and install the equipment mentioned above
- Material costs to support the construction and renovation work required to install the new infrastructure
- Loss of revenue caused by business disruption
By eliminating the above requirements, project deployment times are significantly accelerated, further improving return on investment. Reduce infrastructure costs and allocate more of your budget to ROI driving applications.
Organizations that leverage their existing infrastructure to establish a robust PoE backbone are also creating a more cyber-secure network. Establishing a network today that can minimize susceptibility to cyber-attacks may save your organization millions of dollars in the future.
If you have an upcoming IP/IoT modernization project, we would love to help! Click below to book a one-on-one meeting with one of our Digital Transformation Consultants.