NV-EC1701 Ethernet over Coax (EoC) Transceiver with PoE
This product has been discontinued. Please refer to the 1701+ as an alternative.
The NVT Model NV-EC1701 Ethernet over Coax EoC Transceiver is a compact media converter that allows 10/100 BaseT Ethernet and PoE+ power to be transmitted using coax cable. These devices are often used in legacy installations where existing cable is re-deployed as part of an upgrade to IP cameras. 56 VDC class 2 power is delivered to one transceiver, which distributes it to multiple* remote transceivers, and their PoE, PoE+, or High Power PoE cameras.*
These transceivers are extremely simple to use, with no IP or MAC addressing required. Status LEDs indicate power and link connectivity/activity for RJ45 and BNC ports. They are backed by NVT’s award winning customer support and limited lifetime warranty.
*Distance and number of devices supported may lower due to power supply capacity and wire voltage-drop.
- Transmit 10/100 BaseT Ethernet up to 8,000ft (2,500m) or more* over RG-59/U
- 56 VDC is distributed over the coax to all connected equipment. Powers PoE, PoE+, or High Power PoE cameras (or other PoE devices), up to 50 watts*
- One EoC transceiver at the network-end can support multiple* remote transceivers/IP cameras using the NV-EC4BNC adaptor/splitter
- Up to four transceivers can be rack mounted on an NV-RMEC16 or NV-RMEC16-90 Rack Mount Tray Kit, connecting up to 16 cameras
- Easy configuration, no PC required
- Transparently supports all networking protocols (UDP, TCP/IP, HTTP, Multicast with IGMP, etc.)
- Advanced 128-bit AES encrypted transmission and power technology
- Built-in transient protection; Industrial temperature range
- Available in 1-4 Camera System Kits
- Limited lifetime warranty
Coax Jumper Cables (8)
|Coax Jumper Cables 2ft pack of 8 each for all EoC product offerings.
BNC to 2-Wire Adaptor
|The NV-BNCA is an adaptor used by NVT’s IP transceivers to convert from BNC to 2-wire. It ships standard with the NV-EC1701U transceivers, but can be used with TBus products as well. The NV-BNCA may be used mid-span along a wire run whenever conversion between coax and 2-wire cable is required.
NV-BNC “T” Adaptor
|The NV-BNCT is a high quality “T” adaptor used by NVT’s IP transceivers to split 1701 or TBus data signals. It ships standard with the NV-EC1701-Kit2 and NV-EC1701-K2H kits. The NV-BNCT may be used at the head-end or mid-span for coax daisy-chain applications.
|NV-DPSC4 Detachable Power Supply Cord Splitter 1:4 x 2ft.
|Takes a single C20 EIA (male) connector and splits into four C13 EIA (female) outlet plugs. Allows for multiple EoC transceivers to be connected to a single plug. Cord length is 2ft.
EoC Rack Mount Tray Kit for 55VDC, 60W or 110W Power Supplies
|The NV-RMEC16-90 Rack Mount Tray allows for the rack mounting of up to four single NV-EC1701 EoC transceivers and their related 55VDC, 60W or 110W power supplies. The NV-RMEC16-90 can support up to (16) IP or Megapixel cameras.
The NV-RMEC16-90 Rack Mount Tray can reside on the front or the rear rails in the same equipment rack as other rack mount equipment such as network switches.
The steel tray panel is designed to withstand the mechanical load of multiple coax cables. All installation hardware is provided including 1:4 power cord splitter.
|The NV-PS55-60W Power Supply delivers 55VDC at up to 60 watts to the NV-EC1701, NV-EC1701U, NV-ET1801, NV-ET1804, and NV-ER1804 Ethernet transceivers.
|The NV-PS55-110W Power Supply delivers 55VDC at up to 110 watts for use with the NV-EC1701, NV-EC1701U, NV-ET1801, NV-ET1804, and NV-ER1804 Ethernet transceivers.
|BNC Coax Splitter 1:4
Single Camera EoC Transmission
Two Camera EoC Transmission
Triple Camera EoC Transmission
Quadruple Camera EoC Transmission